IRCTC User Sign Up Step by Step Process
As I have explained last post regarding Summary of IRCTC Step-by-Step ticket booking process, Indian Railways official ticket booking happens via IRCTC and this required a User ID and Password to login. For getting the IRCTC User ID and Password need to follow following steps. I have explained the same using some pictures and short notes. If you have stuck with any points let me know.
- Open any Web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc. and Type irctc.co.in on URL path to open the IRCTC website or Click here to open the IRCTC Website directly
- After opening IRCTC website need to click on the Sign-UP option to create the new IRCTC User online.
- Once you have click on the Sign up option will open a new IRCTC user registration form. Please fill the information on this form carefully because this form is considered to one of the important form available for IRCTC new User Registration. The new IRCTC User Registration form look like following picture.
IRCTC New User Registration Form
Now let us check the important form fields. First up all under stand all the field named mentioned with “*” are mandatory fields.
- User Name: User name is used for IRCTC login and unique name only allowed. So check for availability each time you have tried any new user name. If success then proceed to the options.
- Security Question & Your Answer:- this is used to retrieve your account when you have forgot the password. So carefully select the Question and Answer and remember.
- First Name , Last Name: This place enter your name details
- Gender: Select Male / Female
- Marital Status: Married / Un Married
- Date of Birth: select your Date Of Birth date
- Occupation, E-Mail ID, Mobile No., Nationality : Enter your occupation, Email ID, nationality. While entering the Mobile number please be remember if you have local Indian no then only can able to register. For verification of the same IRCTC will send confirmation message to your mobile.
- Residential Details: This area system will ask you about address, Pin Code, City
After entering all these mandatory fields, please remember that need to enter Verification code shown on the image (Captica) also.
After the completion all the forms need to press Submit button to submit the request.
- Once you have press Submit button system will confirm your E-mail ID and Mobile no. Please OK to confirm.
- Once you have confirmed system will ask to accept the Terms and Conditions too.
- After this step IRCTC auto system will confirm the User Registration and received the IRCTC User & password for reference.
Congrats now your IRCTC User Registration process over.
Now you are ready to book your IRCTC ticket online.