E – Ticket Cancellation Rules
IRCTC e – Ticket (Electronic Ticket) ticket booking process I have already explain to you on my last post. This time we will give details about latest E – Ticket Cancellation Rules. This is necessary to under stand how much amount will refund before Cancelling any IRCTC tickets online.
2015 e ticket cancellation rules
- All the electronic reservation ticket can be Cancelled only through IRCTC website irctc.co.in only.
- Cancellation of IRCTC e ticket not at allowed via Railway Station counters
- irctc.co.in website with ticket Cancellation can be done till Chart Preparation of the train. Also note previous night itself chart preparation usually completed fro the train starting up to 12 noon.
- All refund amount will be credited back to the payment mode you have used at the time of booking e ticket.
Cancel e ticket BEFORE chart Preparation:
- Confirmed Ticket Cancellation more than 48 hrs before the scheduled departure: In this case flat cancellation charges shall be deducted @ Rs.240/- for AC First Class/Executive Class, Rs.200/- for AC 2 Tier/First Class, Rs. 180 for AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/ AC 3 Economy, Rs.120/- for Sleeper Class and Rs.60/- for Second Class. Cancellation charges are per passenger.
- Confirmed Ticket Cancellation within 48 hrs and up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure: In this case cancellation charges shall be 25% of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate mentioned in the above clause.
- Confirmed IRCTC Ticket Cancellation within 12 hrs and up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure: 50% of the fare paid subject to the minimum cancellation charges.
- Confirmed IRCTC Ticket Cancellation after 4 hours of scheduled departure: No refund provided
Cancel e ticket AFTER chart Preparation:
- e Ticket cancellation not allowed after Chart Preparation occur.
- Users Can file TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt) instead of Cancellation. Remember for getting the TDR refund you should wait for days and this can be tracked via IRCTC TDR tracker.
- TDR for Confirmed Tickets: No refund will be received for the Confirmed e ticket when cancel after 2 hours of train departure.
- TDR for RAC Tickets: No refund will be received for the RAC e ticket when cancel after 3 hours of train departure.
- IRCTC Ticket Cancellation process for IRCTC Agent Booked Tickets : Agents cannot be cancel directly IRCTC tickets. For cancelling those tickets need to send some info like PNR No., Transaction ID , Train No., From:, To:, date of journey: , S.No. , PASSENGER NAME, AGE,SEX,Reasons for Filing TDR to email id “firstname.lastname@example.org” . After that IRCTC will file the Cancellation request.
Cancel Tatkal e ticket
- As per new Rule effective from July 2015 Cash back or refund will be allowed for those who booked Tatkal Tickets. Earlier there is no Cancellation allowed for Tatkal tickets.
Train Cancelled : e Ticket Refund
- Refund is allowed whenever there is any train Cancellation process occurred due to breaches, floods, accidents etc. Full refund is permissible in case the ticket is cancelled within three days of the scheduled departure of the train. As per new rule this refund will provide automatically when you have booked your train ticket via IRCTC website only.